Friday, September 19, 2014

Little Things in the Garden

Greetings! These pictures were taken on different days over the past month. Most are typical sightings for this time of year. I planted zinnia seeds for the first time and I'm surprised how tiny the flowers are, but they are cheerful. The green moth was only about 1/2 inch across, it could have fit on my thumbnail.

queen butterfly, hummingbird, Arizona yellow bell flower,
 bubble floating in our rain flooded backyard, kitty visitor,
background: tree shadows on moonlit wall


bee and Vitex flower


Green insects by the porch light: lacewing, katydid
praying mantis, emerald moth


Zinnias!


"Autumn Joy" sedum, white-lined sphinx moth, mesquite and moon
lesser goldfinch on vitex tree, ruellia, zinnia


giant swallowtail butterfly on mesquite tree

Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Thérèse said...

I simply love the floating bubble, it deserves a picture by itself!
And I must simply say that I am missing the mesquite trees even if they are not too welcomed close to a swimming pool...
:-)
Have a wonderful week!

Betty Manousos said...

hi diane, these are beautiful! i love zinnias!

angryparsnip said...

You have such a great eye.
Each photo is a gem.

Happy weekend !

cheers, parsnip

Janie said...

The green moth is unusual. Interesting that you were able to find and photograph a hummingbird at rest!

rainfield61 said...

I always like to see all these little things.

They are no more mysterious through a lense.

Anonymous said...

I think the kitty visitor is enjoying all that wildlife, too! Great photos.

shirley said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos of nature. I imagine you live a a very interesting and serene environment.
Could you tell me what programme you use for you photo collages. I use pixlr but am always open to trying new ones.

Diane AZ said...

Hi Shirley, I make my collages with a very old version of photoshop, I was thinking of trying a new program sometime, thanks for telling me about pixlr.

ΕΥΡΥΤΑΝΑΣ ΙΧΝΗΛΑΤΗΣ said...

Πολύ όμορφες εικόνες!

Loree said...

Lovely insects - I can't believe I'm saying that.

Rohrerbot said...

I like your groupings Diane. The Green Moth is a treat. I don't I've ever seen one here before......that green collage of the insects is great! Hope you are having a wonderful week. Chris

Betsy Grant said...

Wonderful to see your photos! It's been awhile.

Laura. M said...

Great macros. I like collages.
Good weekend.
a kiss.