Friday, September 12, 2014

September Skies

On Monday the sky was cloudy but the rising Harvest moon did make a brief appearance.

9/8/14 7:03 pm

A change of lighting with Photoshop made this image look eerie.

9/8/14 7:06 pm

This "break" in the clouds was happening next to the sunset, crepuscular rays maybe?

9/8/14 sunset

I took my camera with me to the market the next morning in case there was a good moonset photo op, which there wasn't, but I ended up taking a sunrise picture.

9/9/14 sunrise

Wednesday night from my street I was able to glimpse the glowing nearly full moon rising from behind a hill. Those little stick-like things are saguaro cacti.

9/10/14 8:17 pm

See more skies from around the world at Skywatch Friday.

e  a   !

18 comments:

rainfield61 said...

So many to tells about the sky.

Joyful said...

Beautiful sky shots!

Darla said...

Whoa…these are wonderfully mysterious lunar photos…I can feel the magic in the moon!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I really like your moon shots. The clouds add mystery, and they are a real challenge to capture!

Laura said...

BEautiful Diane!

Thérèse said...

Two great friends in the sky...

Unknown said...

Great pics of the sky. Really like the first two. the desert has it's own beauty..

angryparsnip said...

Last photo is wonderful !
You always have the best moon photos.

cheers, parsnip

Anonymous said...

Wow - so gorgeous!

Magia da Inês said...

·..✿✿。°
Fotos encantadoras!
Ótimo sábado!!!

Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.·..✿彡
°。✿⊱。。

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of the sky! I love that last one, you must live is such a lovely area. If I try to take moon shots from my yard, they're filled with power lines.

Laura. M said...

Hermosa luna!!!
Un beso desde Béjar. Salamanca

Celeste said...

Beautiful images, I especially like the last one.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great moon shots. Something about the moon over the desert just gets to me.

Barb said...

What fabulous Moon and sky shots. My friend is heading home to AZ - too cold in the UP right now!

maryaustria said...

Gorgeous! your photos are amazing!

Loree said...

Oh my, these photos are so gorgeous.

Betty Manousos said...

love, love, love your photos of the moon!